Boardman Medical Supply can help with your therapy service transfer.
Call 1-800-443-3390, our experienced and professional Customer Service Representatives will be happy to assist in obtaining the documentation from your previous supplier and physician.
- Oxygen Therapy Transfer Services Required Items:
Below is a list of required documentation a DME supplier must obtain, PRIOR to any oxygen thearapy service equipment set-up.
Contact BMS at 1-800-443-3390 and ask a Customer Service Representative for help with your therapy service transfer. We are happy to assist you!
(Prior to Delivery):
DETAILED WRITTEN ORDER
- Patients name.
- Usage & Frequency of the Oxygen Therapy.
- Detailed description of the item(s) being orderd.
- Valid diagnoisis.
- Valid signature of the ordering physician.
- Date physician signed the order & Order Start Date.
- Valid NPI of the ordering physician.
in the Patient's Medical Records (Prior to Initial Order):
FACE TO FACE DOCUMENTION
- Documentation must show Patient's respiratory diagnosis.
- Documkentation must show the Need for Oxygen Therapy.
- Documentation must be signed and dated by the treating physician.
(Must be performed while patient is in Chronic Stable State):
QUALIFYING PULSE OX RECORDS
- Records must be signed and dated by the qualifying healthcare professional.
- Testing must be part of the patient's medical records.
- ROOM AIR AT REST: testing at 88% and below will qualify patient for Portable an dStationary Oxygen.
- ROOM AIR AT REST: testing above 88%, then testing on room air with exertion can be performed and if is 88% and below, the patient will then need to have oxygen applied and show that pulse ox improves with the oxygen, patient will qualify for Portable and Statinary Oxygen.
- ROOM AIR AT SLEEP: testing with a saturation of 88% or below, greater thatn 5 min, will qualify for Stationary Nocturnal Oxygen.